Location: Balzac’s Head Office, 675 Tradewind Drive, Ancaster ON, L9G 4V5
Reports to: Director of Coffee
Balzac’s Coffee Roasters opened in 1996 and now features fourteen café locations as well as a wholesale division. At the heart of our operation is our Packaging and Production team who are responsible for ensuring all our cafes and wholesale customers receive their orders fresh and on time. It is a highly physical job – from packing small online orders to loading, wrapping and shipping multiple skids of coffee to our wholesale partners – our Packaging and Production staff move fast and work as a team to get the job done.
This is an entry level position in our roasting and packaging facility. The position reports to the Director of Coffee. Previous experience in a similar role is an asset, but we are willing to train.
- Fill coffee orders and pack coffee in various sizes of bags and cases to prepare for shipping
- Operate weigh and fill machines, band sealers and tape machines for packing purposes
- Adhere to all HACCP food-safety requirements, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining logs and records for traceability and certification purposes
- Completing daily operational checklists to ensure an organized, clean and food-safe workplace.
- On-going cleaning and preventative maintenance of equipment
- Perform general custodial responsibilities in warehouse and roasting area
- Assist the roasting staff as needed; manually moving full bins of coffee as well as green coffee bags. Loading raw coffee into the roaster and unloading roasted coffee into bins.
- Assist the Delivery Drivers with loading and unloading delivery vehicles; occasionally go on deliveries as a delivery assistant
- Follow all Work Safe Practices while on premises and on shift
- Full G class driver’s license
- Team player; you’ll be working with a small team in close quarters each day you are on shift
- Proven ability to be versatile; a “can do anything” approach
- Thrives when faced with a challenge; tackles problems quickly yet thoughtfully with a team player approach
- Is service and solution oriented, with a balanced approach to serving customer and co-worker needs and priorities
- Previous warehouse experience is an asset; previous work with packaging machinery an asset
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Ability to work standing up for 8 hours and keep pace in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to lift 66 lbs. (a full bin of roasted coffee) 1 ft. off the ground and transfer to a cart
- Ability to pull or push a 66 lbs. bin of roasted coffee a distance of 25 feet
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. from the ground unassisted and carry as required
- Ability to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level throughout a shift
- Ability to grip items such as coffee scoops and label makers for filling orders
- Ability to operate a pallet jack and physically push/pull large skids of coffee
- Repetitive movements such as placing stickers precisely on bags for long periods of time
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Apply with Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com