Position: Entry Level Accounting and Administration
Clerk Location: Balzac’s Head Office, 675 Tradewind Drive, Unit 4, Ancaster ON, L9G 4V5
Reports to: Finance Manager
Hour of Work: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday unless otherwise notified or agreed upon
Apply with Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a love for coffee and being part of an exciting industry and growing company? Balzac’s Coffee Roasters opened in 1996 and now features fourteen locations plus a wholesale division. Working with the head office team, you’d be surrounded by a group of passionate, dedicated people who have grown and developed with the company from the ground up. Our focus is simple – to serve an exceptional, high quality product in a beautiful environment. Each of our locations has been carefully selected for its historic significance and character. Rich in detail and vintage ephemera, Balzac’s Cafes are perfect venues to delve into a good book, catch up with an old friend, or just simply enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a sweet treat.
We are currently seeking a versatile, hard working team player with full-time availability to join the head office team in Ancaster, ON. Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the primary responsibility of the Accounting and Administration Clerk is to ensure timeliness and accuracy with all company documentation. The successful candidate will also provide front office administrative support.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and Accounting Team Members to complete assigned tasks
- Data entry in Sage 50, Excel and NetSuite
- Account reconciliations and review
- Email account monitoring
- Reception relief, customer service, POS transactions and closing procedures
- Respond to company phone calls and emails as per company standards. Excellent telephone manner a must.
- Assist on special projects as circumstances warrant
- Provide complete office support tasks as assigned by the Finance Manager and/or Accounting Team Members
- Balzac’s Coffee continues to be a small company that is quickly growing, therefore all employees are under mandate to assume the most effective role as needed
- Secondary or post-secondary accounting courses/education
- Accounting work experience an asset
- Experience with Sage 50 an asset
- Experience in Customer Service is an asset
- Strong Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet skills
- Strong reconciliation and fact-finding skills
- Must be legally employable in Canada
PROVEN WORK ABILITIES
- High attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and organization
- Able to work independently and replicate procedures with little guidance
- Proven ability to be process driven, logical and consistent
- Able to work under pressure with excellent time management skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and company information
- Professional and strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Proven ability to be versatile and a team player with a hands-on approach to any job, big or small
- Thrives when faced with a challenge, tackles problems quickly yet thoughtfully
- Embraces change and new ideas and foster continuous improvement in the organization
- Is service and solution oriented, with an ability to balance serving customer and co-worker needs and priorities
- Willingness to accept the most effective role as needed
- A passion for coffee and the coffee industry
- Can meet the physical requirements of sitting for long periods of time
how to apply and selection requirements
Please submit your resume noting a valid email and contact phone number along with contact information for 2 work related references to email@example.com
, Attn: Frances Kustec.
Please note, only those who meet the qualifications and knowledge criteria will be considered and contacted for an interview. Please highlight in your resume exactly how you meet these qualifications and knowledge requirements by noting specific examples within your application.