Ryerson | Full-time Baristas
Date Posted: July 11,2018
Application Deadline: July 31, 2018
Salary: Minimum wage
Apply with Resume and Cover Letter to:
Availability: We are currently specifically seeking candidates with full-time availability to work shift work including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Balzac’s Coffee Roasters opened in 1996 and now features fourteen locations as well as a wholesale division. Our focus is simple – to serve an exceptional product in a beautiful environment. Each of our locations has been carefully selected for its historic significance and character. Rich in detail and vintage ephemera, Balzac’s Cafes are perfect venues to delve into a good book, catch up with an old friend, or just simply enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a sweet treat.
We currently have openings for Baristas to work full-time. The candidate must have the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays, to join the team at our Ryerson location. The position reports to the Café Manager. Previous Barista experience is preferred, but we are willing to train. A commitment and passion for customer service is critical. Key responsibilities will include:
- Customer Service
- Order Preparation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong work ethic, keep the Café clean
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Maintaining of customer service and Café cleanliness standards
- Being an Ambassador for all company products and practices
- Barista experience preferred but not required
- Previous work experience in customer service preferred
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work standing up for 8 hour shifts.
- Ability on occasion to lift up to 25lbs unassisted and carry as required
- Ability to lift and turn throughout the shift
- Ability to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level
Please include cover letter when applying. Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.